- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups red wine
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (8-ounce) chicken breast halves, skinned
- 2 (4-ounce) chicken thighs, skinned
- 2 (4-ounce) chicken drumsticks, skinned
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (about 2 1/4 ounces)
- 3 bacon slices, chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted dried plums, quartered
- 2 bay leaves
- Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Cook bacon in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat until crisp.
- Remove bacon from pan, reserving drippings in pan; set bacon aside.
- Add half of chicken to pan; cook 4 minutes, browning on all sides.
- Remove chicken from pan.
- Repeat procedure with remaining chicken.
- Remove onion and carrot from marinade with a slotted spoon, reserving marinade.
- Add onion and carrot to pan; sauté for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Stir in marinade, scraping pan to loosen browned bits.
- Add chicken, bacon, dried plums, and bay leaves; bring to a simmer.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 1 hour and for 20 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Discard bay leaves.
- Garnish with parsley, if desired.
- 4 servings (serving size: about 3/4 cup sauce and 1 breast half
NotesI just got a 7 quart Le Creuset dutch oven and I am SOOO excited!!! I have been searching for braising recipes on the net. Found this one on Cooking Light's website
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School CookbookSee More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More