- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 175 g. fresh Porcini mushrooms, chopped into small cubes
- 3 pieces corn, grilled and kernels cut from stock
- 3 cups Carnaroli rice
- 1 cup dry white wine
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper
- Freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese to taste
- Bring the chicken stock to a simmer in a saucepan. Allow the stock to reduce by about 1 cup then keep warm over low heat.
- Combine the oil and 1 Tbsp. of the butter in a large pot. Melt over medium heat until the butter foams. Add the onion, mushrooms and corn and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in the rice, thoroughly coating it with the onions, mushrooms and corn. Cook the rice until it is no longer chalky looking and begins to pop, about 5 minutes. Add the wine and simmer, stirring constantly until it has evaporated.
- Add 1 cup of the warm chicken stock. Simmer, stirring until almost dry. Finish cooking the rice by stirring in enough additional warm chicken stock, one cup at a time, so the rice is just barely tender. Stir in the remaining 3 Tbsp of butter. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper and add cheese to taste.
- Note: If you can't find porcini use shitake mushrooms in it's place
HKA Community Fair Recipes 2015
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More