- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 175 g. fresh Porcini mushrooms, chopped into small cubes
- 3 pieces corn, grilled and kernels cut from stock
- 3 cups Carnaroli rice
- 1 cup dry white wine
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper
- Freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese to taste
- Bring the chicken stock to a simmer in a saucepan. Allow the stock to reduce by about 1 cup then keep warm over low heat.
- Combine the oil and 1 Tbsp. of the butter in a large pot. Melt over medium heat until the butter foams. Add the onion, mushrooms and corn and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in the rice, thoroughly coating it with the onions, mushrooms and corn. Cook the rice until it is no longer chalky looking and begins to pop, about 5 minutes. Add the wine and simmer, stirring constantly until it has evaporated.
- Add 1 cup of the warm chicken stock. Simmer, stirring until almost dry. Finish cooking the rice by stirring in enough additional warm chicken stock, one cup at a time, so the rice is just barely tender. Stir in the remaining 3 Tbsp of butter. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper and add cheese to taste.
- Note: If you can't find porcini use shitake mushrooms in it's place
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Koken met OmaSee More
Louisiana Crabmeat Stuffed Artichoke
Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla SoupSee More