- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1.5 Tbsp butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 large anaheim peppers, diced
- 1 jalapeno (remove the seeds and ribs if you don't want it to be too spicy)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 12 oz. can tomatillos, cored and coarsley chopped (of course you can use fresh but my store rarely carries decent garlic, let alone tomatillos)
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups corn, divided (I roasted mine)
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup masa harina (corn flour)
- 3/4 cup half and half or cream
- In a stockpot or dutch oven, melt the butter. Cook the onions and all the peppers over medium-low heat until they become tender. Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the tomatillos, cumin, oregano, chili powder and salt and pepper to taste. Cover and simmer over low heat for about 5 minutes, to combine the flavors and cook the tomatillos.
- Put the pepper/onion/tomato mixture and 1 cup of the roasted corn in a food processor. Process the mixture into a puree (there will still be pieces of the veggies since there is not much liquid at this point).
- Put the pureed mixture back into the dutch oven and turn the heat to medium-high. Mix the masa harina with the chicken broth until it's dissolved. Add the broth/masa mixture to the dutch oven, as well as the rest of the corn. Simmer for a few minutes and season to taste, if necessary. Add the half and half or cream, and heat through.
NotesCan also be found on my food blog: http://ellysaysopa.vox.com
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Camp Nubar Baking Class
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!See More
Cocktail (The V)
Angel Acres Feel Better Chicken Noodle Soup
Twisted Shirley TempleSee More