- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 5
BackstoryI took the cornbread recipe I grew up with and adapted it to this gluten free version. My husband LOVES this with soup and I use it when I make holiday turkey stuffing.
- 1 cup Bette Hagman's Feather Light Rice Flour Mix (You can Google her recipe)
- 1 cup Cornmeal
- 1 TBSP Baking Powder
- 2 TBSP (rounded) Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Egg Replacer
- 1/2 tsp Xanthan Gum
- 1 cup Evaporated Milk
- 1 Egg
- 2 TBSP Crisco Oil
- **If you don't have Evaporated Milk handy, you can substitute 1/3 cup
- instant milk powder and 7/8 cup milk.
- Combine dry ingredients. Thoroughly combine wet ingredients. Mix the
- wet and dry ingredients together so that there are no dry spots or
- clumps. Pour batter into a greased 8x8 square glass pan (you may have
- to spread it out so it is evenly distributed in the pan) and bake for
- 30 minutes at 400F.
- This batter should be thickly pourable. If it doesn't pour, you will need to add a bit more milk until you reach the proper consistency. With gluten free baking, the humidity in your house will affect the moisture of your baking. Also with gluten free baking, this cornbread will be really good right out of the oven but won't be as moist the next day.