- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 280g cornmeal, fine polenta or fine semolina
- 85g plain flour
- 2 tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 1 large egg
- 150ml Milk
- 425ml buttermilk or natural yogurt
- 115g jarred chili peppers, drained and chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200 C/gas 6.
- Generously butter a shallow tin (around 25cm long) or a small roasting tin.
- In a large bowl combine the cornmeal, flour and bicarbonate of soda and season well with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- In a jug combine the egg, milk and yogurt and chillies.
- Pour the contents of the jug into the bowl of dry ingredients and lightly combine, taking care not to over-mix as this will make the corn bread tough.
- Pour the mixture into the buttered tin and bake for 25-30 minutes until firm and golden.
- Serve warm from the oven, cut into squares.
NotesI have this recipe from my aunt
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Recipes for Vitality
$30 Wine+Food Pairings
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More