- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 280g cornmeal, fine polenta or fine semolina
- 85g plain flour
- 2 tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 1 large egg
- 150ml Milk
- 425ml buttermilk or natural yogurt
- 115g jarred chili peppers, drained and chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200 C/gas 6.
- Generously butter a shallow tin (around 25cm long) or a small roasting tin.
- In a large bowl combine the cornmeal, flour and bicarbonate of soda and season well with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- In a jug combine the egg, milk and yogurt and chillies.
- Pour the contents of the jug into the bowl of dry ingredients and lightly combine, taking care not to over-mix as this will make the corn bread tough.
- Pour the mixture into the buttered tin and bake for 25-30 minutes until firm and golden.
- Serve warm from the oven, cut into squares.
NotesI have this recipe from my aunt
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
GAES PTO RecipesSee More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More