- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 280g cornmeal, fine polenta or fine semolina
- 85g plain flour
- 2 tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 1 large egg
- 150ml Milk
- 425ml buttermilk or natural yogurt
- 115g jarred chili peppers, drained and chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200 C/gas 6.
- Generously butter a shallow tin (around 25cm long) or a small roasting tin.
- In a large bowl combine the cornmeal, flour and bicarbonate of soda and season well with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- In a jug combine the egg, milk and yogurt and chillies.
- Pour the contents of the jug into the bowl of dry ingredients and lightly combine, taking care not to over-mix as this will make the corn bread tough.
- Pour the mixture into the buttered tin and bake for 25-30 minutes until firm and golden.
- Serve warm from the oven, cut into squares.
NotesI have this recipe from my aunt
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law LibrariesSee More
Broccoli/Bacon/Onion Salad LOW CARB
High-Protein Honey Wheat Bread
Sticky Pecan & Prune Pre-Workout BarsSee More