- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 c. flour
- 1 c. yellow cornmeal
- 2 T. sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 c. sour milk or buttermilk
- 1/4 c. melted shortening
- Sift flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, soda and salt.
- Beat eggs; add sourmilk or buttermilk.
- Add sifted dry ingredients & beat until smooth.
- Add melted shortening & beat about 1/2 minute.
- Bake in well greased 9" square pan at 400 for 25-30 minutes.
NotesAnother hand me down recipe.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Lau Family Recipes
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
My Family CookbookSee More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More