- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 c. flour
- 1 c. yellow cornmeal
- 2 T. sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 c. sour milk or buttermilk
- 1/4 c. melted shortening
- Sift flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, soda and salt.
- Beat eggs; add sourmilk or buttermilk.
- Add sifted dry ingredients & beat until smooth.
- Add melted shortening & beat about 1/2 minute.
- Bake in well greased 9" square pan at 400 for 25-30 minutes.
NotesAnother hand me down recipe.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Camp Nubar Baking Class
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!See More
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Fudgy Caramel DelightSee More