- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 5 tbsp. sugar
- 1/4 c. unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2/3 c. milk
- 1 1/2 c. Bisquick Baking Mix
- 1/2 c. yellow cornmeal
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Farenheight. Grease a 12 cup muffin pan or line with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, combine baking mix and cornmeal, mix well and set aside. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar and until light and fluffy. Add milk and vanilla, stirring until combined. (Mixture may look curdled and lumpy, that's fine.) Add the cornmeal mix to the we ingredients and stir just until moistened. Do NOT overmix. Batter will be lumpy.
- Divide between the 12 cups evenly and bake for 10-15 minutes or until light golden in color and tests done with a toothpick
NotesThese are my family's favorite muffin and they rarely last more than a few hours in my house. I call them corn cake muffins because they are a cross between cornbread and (un-iced) cupcake. They are very quick and easy to make, perfect for beginning bakers!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
Breads and Pastry 101
Angel Acres Soup & Chili CookbookSee More
Teriyaki Turkey Sliders
CRISPY BAKED RAVIOLI
Banana TrifleSee More