- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryRecipe courtesy Paula Deen
This recipe sounds similar to a dish that my husband's aunt makes for his family's holiday dinners. Almost two years ago, her husband died and she hasn't come to any of the gatherings lately. I hope to add this to my family's holiday meals so that my husband can enjoy it without it sadly affecting his family
- 1 (15 1/4-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (14 3/4-ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (8-ounce) package corn muffin mix (recommended: Jiffy)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, stir together the 2 cans of corn, corn muffin mix, sour cream, and melted butter.
- Pour into a greased casserole dish. Bake for 45 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and top with Cheddar.
- Return to oven for 5 to 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Let stand for at least 5 minutes and then serve