- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 20
- 2 slices Bacon, Cut Into 1/2-inch Pieces (or Smaller)
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1-½ whole Yellow Onion, Diced
- 5 ears Corn, Shucked (about 4 Cups)
- 2 whole Chipotle Peppers In Adobo Sauce, Finely Diced
- 1 whole 4-ounce Can Diced Green Chilies
- 32 ounces, fluid Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1-½ cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- ½ teaspoons Kosher Salt (more To Taste)
- 3 Tablespoons Corn Meal OR Masa
- ¼ cups Water
- Preparation Instructions
- (Carefully) slice the corn kernels off the cob. Set aside.
- Add bacon pieces to a pot or dutch oven over medium heat. Cook for a couple of minutes. Throw in diced onion and stir, cooking the onion for 3 to 4 minutes. Add butter and melt. Add corn. Stir and cook for one minute. Add both kinds of chilies and stir.
- Pour in chicken broth and cream. Add salt. Stir and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low.
- Combine cornmeal (or masa) with water. Stir to combine, then pour into the chowder. Cover and cook for 15 minutes over low heat. If chowder needs more thickening, add another tablespoon of cornmeal mixed with water. Cook for another ten minutes.
- Serve with crusty sourdough bread.
NotesThis comes from the blog 'Pioneer Woman'. Her cooking section is wonderful!
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSWSee More
Mama Mia ... Lentils Italian Style
Gabriola Clam Chowder
Gen's Vegetable Love PizzaSee More