- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4-1/2c Olive oil
- 5-7 sm Yukon Gold Potatoes, chunks
- 1 sm Onion, diced
- 2-3 cloves Garlic, crushed
- 2-3 ribs Celery, sliced
- 1 lg Carrot, sliced
- 1 bag frozen Corn
- 1/4lb +/- diced cooked Ham or Chicken (or both)
- Salt & Black Pepper
- 1/2tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 stick Butter
- 1/8c +/- Flour
- 6-8c +/- whole Milk
- 1tblsp Sugar
- Heat oil in lg Dutch oven over med flame; cook potatoes, onion, garlic, celery, carrot and corn covered, stirring frequently to prevent sticking, 10-15min.
- Add meat, and salt & pepper to taste, and Cayenne to season.
- Add butter to mixture; stir til melted.
- Add flour and cook roux 3-4min, adding a bit of milk if necessary to prevent sticking/burning.
- Add all/enough milk gradually after cooking this roux to make a thin sauce; REMEMBER- add GRADUALLY for a smooth soup- like making gravy.
- Add sugar and stir to blend.
- Reduce heat to very low and cook til vegetables are very tender and chowder is thick and aromatic.
- Serve HOT with biscuits or cornbread.
NotesThis was just SO hearty, I had to try to recall and then recite how to make it, because it was actually leftover Potato chowder FIRST, with leftover creamed Corn I added the next day!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Corn Fritters ( Sorullitos)
Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Red Lentil And Vegetable SoupSee More