- Cooking Time: 5min
- Servings: 2 dz
- Preparation Time: 20
- 4 cups of corn meal
- 2 cups of water
- salt to taste
- oil for frying
- In a 6 quart sauce pan add water let it boil.
- Add salt
- when is boiling take off stove.
- add the cornmeal and stir.
- your dough should be stiff.
- take out the sauce pan, invert on to the counter.
- spray some pam on your hands and knead the dough, careful not to get burn.
- just handle with care or until your hands can stand the heat.
- Make little balls like 2 inches big, then roll over the counter to shape like a mini cigar.
- Once they are all shaped, fry them in oil until golden and crispy.
- Serv with the sauce if you want.
NotesThis recipe is an appetizer. In every restaurant that you visit in Puerto Rico they have them. They are served fried and with a distintive sauce made of mayo, ketchup and fresh garlic, mmm try it is good.