- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 1 1/4 cups corn kernels
- 1 small shallot diced
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup full-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 1'2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup of sour cream
- 1. In a large bowl mix flour with the corn, shallots, cumin, salt and pepper.
- 2. Add the yogurt, 1½ tablespoons olive oil, 1 egg and the sour cream.
- 3. Set large nonstick frying pan over medium heat for 1-2 minutes. Put some olive. Once hot, spoon 2 tablespoons of batter per cake into pan. Spread with the back your spoon to even out the batter and turn to cook both sides.
- 4. Serve alone or with sour cream on top.
NotesMany years ago, when I would go to the beach with my family, we would always stop on the way to eat in a local restaurant "chorreadas". A couple of days ago, I was looking through the web and found this recipe which I tweaked and it tastes like a healthier "chorreada".
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
GAES PTO Recipes
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake RecipeSee More
Cashew Macadamia Crunch
IRISH CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
Unstuffed CabbageSee More