- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb sausage
- Corn Fritters:
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 T. cooking oil or melted butter
- 1 c. buttermilk (regular milk works fine)
- 1 c. all purpose flour
- 2 T. sugar
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/2 t. baking soda
- 1 can niblets corn (or just a can of whole kernel corn, drained well)
- Fry 1 lb sausage until done; set aside to drain.
- Mix all of corn fritter ingredients except corn in large bowl.
- Fold in corn.
- Heat large cast iron skillet (preferably) with bacon grease (maybe 2 T. to start with) or cooking oil (its better with bacon grease LOL). Test to make sure grease is hot with a drop of water.
- If it dances across the skillet, its hot enough. Cook pancakes about 3 at a time. Makes about 10. Serve with butter, maple syrup, and sausage
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
VivaVeganGal's Family Favorites
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
The Naked MacaronSee More
Roasted Butternut Bisque with Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
Julia's Fudge Puddles (Modified from allrecipes.com)
Seven More SinsSee More