- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 ears tender fresh corn
- 1/3 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1/2 tsp. salt, or to taste
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- Oil for deep-frying
- Cut the corn from the cobs and scrape the cobs well to extract the milk.
- You should have 1/2 cup corn.
- Sift the flour with the baking powder and mix it with the corn and the egg yolks.
- Add salt and cayenne pepper.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff but not dry and grainy.
- Fold them into the corn mixture.
- Drop the batter by tablespoonfuls into deep, hot, fresh oil, about 375 degrees F.
- Cook the fritters until they have browned on one side, about 2 minutes.
- Turn, and when both sides are golden brown, remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Serve at once.
- Serves 4
NotesFrom the book The Heritage of Southern Cooking
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!See More
Cancun Grilled Chicken Tacos with Citrus Chile Marinade
Perfect baked potatoSee More