- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 ears tender fresh corn
- 1/3 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1/2 tsp. salt, or to taste
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- Oil for deep-frying
- Cut the corn from the cobs and scrape the cobs well to extract the milk.
- You should have 1/2 cup corn.
- Sift the flour with the baking powder and mix it with the corn and the egg yolks.
- Add salt and cayenne pepper.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff but not dry and grainy.
- Fold them into the corn mixture.
- Drop the batter by tablespoonfuls into deep, hot, fresh oil, about 375 degrees F.
- Cook the fritters until they have browned on one side, about 2 minutes.
- Turn, and when both sides are golden brown, remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Serve at once.
- Serves 4
NotesFrom the book The Heritage of Southern Cooking
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MidLife Road Trip's
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Pineapple-Black Bean Enchiladas
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Chicken RollupsSee More