- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten with fork
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 hot dogs, cut into 1 inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line muffin pan with paper liners or coat with cooking spray.
- Stir together cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, chili powder, cumin, and garlic powder. Make a hole in the bottom of the bowl and pour in milk, beaten egg, and oil. Stir just until blended. Fold in cheese.
- Drop a spoonful of batter into each muffin cup. Place hot dog piece into batter. Fill with enough batter to cover the hot dog (This does not mean drown the hot dog. It means make sure the piece is covered in batter because the batter will rise).
- Bake 10-12 minutes. Muffins should be lightly browned and clean when toothpick is inserted. Let cool before removing from pan.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Holidays = Desserts = HappinessSee More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More