- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 ears of sweet corn, husked
- 1 1/4 cups cider vinegar
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2/3 cup chopped green cabbage
- 2 tablespoons grainy mustard
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat.
- Add the corn; reduce the heat to medium and cook for 5 minutes.
- Immediately remove the cobs from the water with tongs. Trim the stem end of each ear, then place cut-end down on a board. Using a sharp knife, cut carefully down the cob to remove all of the kernels. Repeat with remaining ears.
- Each ear should yield about 1/2 cup of kernels.
- In a large saucepan, combine the corn kernels, vinegar, bell pepper, onions, sugar and salt.
- Bring to a simmer; cook for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the cabbage; simmer for 20 minutes.
- Let cool, then stir in the mustard.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours for the flavors to blend.
- The relish keeps for about 1 week in the refrigerator.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Lau Family Recipes
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake RecipeSee More
Sweet Potato Pizza Dough
Grilled Summer Veggie Pizza
Zesty Italian ChickenSee More