- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 ears of sweet corn, husked
- 1 1/4 cups cider vinegar
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2/3 cup chopped green cabbage
- 2 tablespoons grainy mustard
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat.
- Add the corn; reduce the heat to medium and cook for 5 minutes.
- Immediately remove the cobs from the water with tongs. Trim the stem end of each ear, then place cut-end down on a board. Using a sharp knife, cut carefully down the cob to remove all of the kernels. Repeat with remaining ears.
- Each ear should yield about 1/2 cup of kernels.
- In a large saucepan, combine the corn kernels, vinegar, bell pepper, onions, sugar and salt.
- Bring to a simmer; cook for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the cabbage; simmer for 20 minutes.
- Let cool, then stir in the mustard.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours for the flavors to blend.
- The relish keeps for about 1 week in the refrigerator.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
NFPG Recipe Collection
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!See More
Raw “Vodka Sauce”
Memere's Chocolate Chip CookiesSee More