- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 fresh ears of corn
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 small avocado, seeded, peeled, and diced
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup snipped cilantro
- 1/4 tsp salt
- In a medium bowl combine lime juice, oil, garlic and chili powder.
- Brush mixture on corn, reserving remaining juice mixture.
- Grill corn on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium heat for 20- 25 minutes, turning occasionally, until tender.
- Add red pepper, cilantro and salt to lime juice mixture.
- Cut corn kernels from cob and stir into mixture.
- I add the avocado last to keep it from getting "mooshed" from all of the mixing.
- Here's my tip for the best way to cut up the avocado. Cut it in half all the way around the pit. Give it a slight twist and it breaks into two pieces. I then cut slices, about 1/2" wide, peel off the skin and cut the slices into pieces, adding them last to the corn mixture.
NotesHillary's Corn Grilled Corn Relish
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Babette's Test Kitchen
The Social CookbookSee More
Louisiana Crabmeat Stuffed Artichoke
Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla SoupSee More