- 1 quart fresh corn kernels
- 5 cups chopped green bell peppers
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 2 cups coarsely chopped unpeeled cucumber
- 4 cups chopped red ripe tomatoes
- 4 cups vinegar
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup salt
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon mustard seed
Combine prepared vegetables in a large kettle. Add vinegar, sugar, salt, turmeric, and mustard seed.
Heat to boiling, simmer 25 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
Seal in hot, sterilized canning jars.
Process for 15 minutes in a boiling-water canner, or 20 minutes for altitiudes of 1001 to 6,000 feet. Over 6,000 feet, process for 25 minutes.
Makes about six pints.