- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 quart fresh corn kernels
- 5 cups chopped green bell peppers
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 2 cups coarsely chopped unpeeled cucumber
- 4 cups chopped red ripe tomatoes
- 4 cups vinegar
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup salt
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon mustard seed
- Combine prepared vegetables in a large kettle. Add vinegar, sugar, salt, turmeric, and mustard seed.
- Heat to boiling, simmer 25 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Seal in hot, sterilized canning jars.
- Process for 15 minutes in a boiling-water canner, or 20 minutes for altitiudes of 1001 to 6,000 feet. Over 6,000 feet, process for 25 minutes.
- Makes about six pints.
NotesOn one of my recipe card that was my grandmothers. Don't know where she received it
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary CookbookSee More
Honey and Walnut Wholemeal Bread
Zucchini Bread 2
The Best Potato Salad Ever!See More