CORN SALSA BASE
- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 30
- 2 ears of corn
- 2 sweet green peppers
- 5 small tomatoes (about 1" diameter, each)
- 1/4 cup onion
- 3 calamansi (or 1/2 lemon, lime, or tangerine)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1. Shave the corn off the ear; dice the peppers and tomatoes; chop the onion, and mix it all in a large bowl.
- 2. Squeeze the juice from the citrus over it all, and then sprinkle on a dash of salt.
- 3. Stir, attempt to let it sit in the fridge overnight to blend flavors, or just dig in right then and there and enjoy!
- Can enjoy with chips, or hollow out some cucumber for a health salsa salad style snack!
NotesOur first visit to the local farmers' market, and a farmer gave Dave a free bag of "sweet" green peppers. Sweet indeed - with a gentle kick of spice! And Dave was hooked. He thought, mixed with some cooling corn, this would make a delicious, delicate salsa dip for our organic corn chips!
This recipe is for a basic salsa dip base - free to tweek to your tastes! Add more garlic or more hot pepper; perhaps add in a mango; sprinkle with a dash of salt or some daring cayenne. And enjoy!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
$30 Wine+Food PairingsSee More
Hot and Sour Soup
My Husband’s Favorite Desert
Mickey's Pulled PorkSee More