CORN SALSA BASE
Corn Salsa Base
- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 30
- 2 ears of corn
- 2 sweet green peppers
- 5 small tomatoes (about 1" diameter, each)
- 1/4 cup onion
- 3 calamansi (or 1/2 lemon, lime, or tangerine)
- 1/2 tsp salt
1. Shave the corn off the ear; dice the peppers and tomatoes; chop the onion, and mix it all in a large bowl.
2. Squeeze the juice from the citrus over it all, and then sprinkle on a dash of salt.
3. Stir, attempt to let it sit in the fridge overnight to blend flavors, or just dig in right then and there and enjoy!
Can enjoy with chips, or hollow out some cucumber for a health salsa salad style snack!
This recipe is for a basic salsa dip base - free to tweek to your tastes! Add more garlic or more hot pepper; perhaps add in a mango; sprinkle with a dash of salt or some daring cayenne. And enjoy!