- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 30
- 1 ear corn
- 2 sweet green peppers
- 5 small tomatoes (about 1" diameter, each)
- 1/4 cup onion
- 3 calamansi (or 1/2 lemon, lime, or tangerine)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Shave the corn off the ear; dice the peppers and tomatoes; chop the onion, and mix it all in a large bowl. Squeeze the juice from the citrus over it all, and then sprinkle on a dash of salt.
- Stir, attempt to let it sit in the fridge overnight to blend flavors, or just dig in right then and there and enjoy!
- Can enjoy with chips, or hollow out some cucumber for a health salsa salad style snack!
NotesOur first visit to the local farmers' market, and a farmer gave Dave a free bag of "sweet" green peppers. Sweet indeed - with a gentle kick of spice! And Dave was hooked. He thought, mixed with some cooling corn, this would make a delicious, delicate salsa dip for our organic corn chips!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' RecipesSee More
Raw “Vodka Sauce”
Memere's Chocolate Chip CookiesSee More