- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 30
- 1 ear corn
- 2 sweet green peppers
- 5 small tomatoes (about 1" diameter, each)
- 1/4 cup onion
- 3 calamansi (or 1/2 lemon, lime, or tangerine)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Shave the corn off the ear; dice the peppers and tomatoes; chop the onion, and mix it all in a large bowl. Squeeze the juice from the citrus over it all, and then sprinkle on a dash of salt.
- Stir, attempt to let it sit in the fridge overnight to blend flavors, or just dig in right then and there and enjoy!
- Can enjoy with chips, or hollow out some cucumber for a health salsa salad style snack!
NotesOur first visit to the local farmers' market, and a farmer gave Dave a free bag of "sweet" green peppers. Sweet indeed - with a gentle kick of spice! And Dave was hooked. He thought, mixed with some cooling corn, this would make a delicious, delicate salsa dip for our organic corn chips!
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Decadent Desserts Made From
50 Shades of TasteSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More