CORN SAUSAGE CHOWDER
- Servings: 6
- 1# bulk sausage ( I try to find the light kind)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 4 cups peeled potatoes cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/8 teaspon pepper
- 1 - 17 oz can cream corn
- 1 - 17 oz can whole corn
- 1 - 12 oz can evaporated milk - I use the low fat version
Cook sausage and onion until onions are tender and sausage is browm. (I use my dutch oven) Drain sausage mixture on paper towel.
Put back in your pot and stir in potatoes, water, salt, majoran and pepper. Bring to boil. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered about 15 minutes or until potatoes are just tender.
Add cream corn, corn, and evaporated milk. Heat till hot,