- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 eggs
- 2Tbsp creme fraiche or substitute sour cream
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 2 cups defrosted frozen corn or drained canned corn
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs
- Shredded sharp cheddar cheese 1 to 2 cups
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp chipolte chili powder - Optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease 1 quart oven proof dish.
- Whisk the eggs, creme fraiche, spices and onion until frothy.
- Fold in the corn and bread crumbs.
- Place in the dish and sprinkle with cheddar cheese to taste.
- Bake time about 30 mins
- Cooks note if you have a food processor throw some hardy bread in and process to crumbs. Stale bread is OK but dried bread or panko will upset the liquid/dry balance and you'll need to add a little milk if you use dried bread crumbs or panko.
NotesI read a 4 ingredient recipe for this and though I can do better than that. The experiment was a success and we all enjoy this. It's easy to make and a nice change up from potatoes as a starchy side. Especially good with pork. I served this last with medallions of pork tenderloin sauteed in olive oil with fresh thyme, sauteed apples and onions and steamed green beans