- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 eggs
- 2Tbsp creme fraiche or substitute sour cream
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 2 cups defrosted frozen corn or drained canned corn
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs
- Shredded sharp cheddar cheese 1 to 2 cups
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp chipolte chili powder - Optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease 1 quart oven proof dish.
- Whisk the eggs, creme fraiche, spices and onion until frothy.
- Fold in the corn and bread crumbs.
- Place in the dish and sprinkle with cheddar cheese to taste.
- Bake time about 30 mins
- Cooks note if you have a food processor throw some hardy bread in and process to crumbs. Stale bread is OK but dried bread or panko will upset the liquid/dry balance and you'll need to add a little milk if you use dried bread crumbs or panko.
NotesI read a 4 ingredient recipe for this and though I can do better than that. The experiment was a success and we all enjoy this. It's easy to make and a nice change up from potatoes as a starchy side. Especially good with pork. I served this last with medallions of pork tenderloin sauteed in olive oil with fresh thyme, sauteed apples and onions and steamed green beans
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!See More
Honey Cake (mézeskalács) As My Mother Makes
Delicious, flaky, lard-free pie crustSee More