- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 large beefsteak tomatoes
- 3 cups corn kernels, cut from 4 to 5 cooked cobs
- 1/3 cup minced onion
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1/4 cup roasted garlic mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut tomatoes in half crosswise and, with a melon baller or spoon, scoop out as much of the pulp as possible, leaving a 1/4-inch shell. Chop the tomato you scooped out and place it in a strainer to drain excess liquid. Set tomato shells aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the corn kernels, minced onion, feta cheese and minced jalapeno. Toss to mix. Add mayonnaise, chili powder and lime juice and stir till everything is coated evenly with dressing. Add one cup of the drained tomato pulp and toss again to mix.
- Spoon corn mixture into tomato shells, dividing evenly between the eight halves. Chill for 30 minutes and serve