- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 stalks of celery, finely chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped, seeds and membrane removed
- 1/2 Cup cooked, chopped bacon
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 14 oz cans chicken broth
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- 3 ears of fresh corn kernels
- 4 oz softened cream cheese
- 1 Cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 Cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Place olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Saute celery, bell pepper, onion and jalapeno until softened.
- Stir in garlic and bacon; cook for another 3 minutes.
- Whisk the broth with the flour in a large bowl then stir into soup.
- Stir in corn and bring to a low boil and reduce heat.
- Whisk together the cream cheese and milk in a large bowl until smooth.
- Stir into soup along with the salt, pepper and cheddar cheese.
- Simmer until ready to serve.
NotesThis is a great soup on a cold day. I love it with cornbread. I like to double the batch and freeze it.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Gluten-Free and Delicious
Vegan Glass Jar GoodiesSee More
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Sara Lee® Fruity Breakfast Bread Spreads
Triple Chocolate Chunk CookiesSee More