- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 stalks of celery, finely chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped, seeds and membrane removed
- 1/2 Cup cooked, chopped bacon
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 14 oz cans chicken broth
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- 3 ears of fresh corn kernels
- 4 oz softened cream cheese
- 1 Cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 Cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Place olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Saute celery, bell pepper, onion and jalapeno until softened.
- Stir in garlic and bacon; cook for another 3 minutes.
- Whisk the broth with the flour in a large bowl then stir into soup.
- Stir in corn and bring to a low boil and reduce heat.
- Whisk together the cream cheese and milk in a large bowl until smooth.
- Stir into soup along with the salt, pepper and cheddar cheese.
- Simmer until ready to serve.
NotesThis is a great soup on a cold day. I love it with cornbread. I like to double the batch and freeze it.
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"See More
Olive's Deep Dish Strawberry Rhubarb Pie: Pushing Daisies
Sesame Snow PeasSee More