- Cooking Time: 35 minutes
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 ears fresh corn, kernels removed ( or 2 packages of frozen corn)
- 1 small onion, diced small
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 large roasted poblano, chopped, seeds and skin removed (see how to roast peppers technique on site)
- 1 tablespoon minced cilantro
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar
- 1. In a large saucepan melt the butter and add the onions, garlic and corn sauté for approximately 10 minutes over a medium heat, stirring occasionally. Stir in flour.
- 2. Add the chicken broth and reduce by approximately one third.
- 3. Now add the heavy cream and reduce by one third.
- 4. With a hand blender or blender process about half of the soup until smooth. Return to pot and simmer for 10 more minutes until creamy.
- 5. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with minced cilantro and shredded cheddar.
NotesAfter having a delicious pasta dish with corn and poblanos, we came up with this wonderful soup. Summertime is the best for peak flavors.
The sweetness of the corn offset by the hot poblano is exciting. The heat of poblanos can differ, taste it before adding to the soup and adjust to desired taste.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!See More
Cordelia's Pound CakeSee More