- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup diced green or red pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups corn kernels
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups grated Swiss cheese
- bread or corn bread crumbs for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 1. Saut� the onion and pepper in the butter.
- 2. Cut cooked corn kernels from ears of corn or use well-drained corn from cans. Stir the saut�ed onion and pepper mixture, eggs, thyme, pepper, and salt together in a bowl. Add the cheese.
- 3. Pour the mixture into a greased 8 x 8-inch baking dish. Sprinkle the top generously with bread crumbs or corn bread crumbs.
- 4. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until the casserole is set. Serve hot.
- Prepared pantry
NotesThis recipe is unusual but a real winner. It’s a creamy corn and cheese casserole. It has enough protein in it to work as a main dish paired with your favorite salad. We prefer it as a side dish.
This could be a classic dish to serve to your family or friends on those special occasions.