CORN AND SWISS BAKE
Corn and Swiss Bake
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup diced green or red pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups corn kernels
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups grated Swiss cheese
- bread or corn bread crumbs for topping
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Saut� the onion and pepper in the butter.
2. Cut cooked corn kernels from ears of corn or use well-drained corn from cans. Stir the saut�ed onion and pepper mixture, eggs, thyme, pepper, and salt together in a bowl. Add the cheese.
3. Pour the mixture into a greased 8 x 8-inch baking dish. Sprinkle the top generously with bread crumbs or corn bread crumbs.
4. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until the casserole is set. Serve hot.
This could be a classic dish to serve to your family or friends on those special occasions.