- Cooking Time: 45
- Preparation Time:
- 3 stalks celery (chopped)
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1 to 2 loaves of cornbread (prepared)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1 to 2 cups of chicken broth
- 3 to 4 slices of dry bread or toast
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tsp. sage
- Saute celery and onion on the stove in butter or olive oil. Once vegetables are tender, add sage, soups and chicken broth. Bring this to a boil.
- Crumble cornbread and toast together in a large mixing bowl. Pour the soup and vegetable mix over the breads. Mix together and add egg. Add additional sage as need. (Grandma Shirly claimed you could never add enough, but I find that 1 to 2 tsp. works well.)
- Bake for 45 minutes or until done at 350 degrees in a sprayed pan.
- Optional: I bake sage and black pepper into my cornbread and use 1 tsp. sage when mixing it all together.
NotesGrandma Shirly made this corbread dressing every year for the holidays--it's now a staple in my holiday menu.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
DIY Tasty Gift IdeasSee More
Thomas' English Muffin Clone
Black Bean SoupSee More