- Cooking Time: 90 minutes
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 2 days
- 3 boxes of Jiffy cornbread mix
- 1 cup of milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 loaf of sliced wheat bread
- 1 cup of onions, chopped
- 1 cup of celery, chopped
- 1 stick of butter
- salt and pepper
- ground sage to taste
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups of chicken stock (reserve 3 tbsp)
- 2 days ahead of time: mix the 3 boxes of Jiffy cornbread mix with 3 eggs and 1 cup of milk and bake per box directions in a 13 x 9 pan. Leave out to stale.
- The night before: Lay out the sliced wheat bread to stale.
- The day of stuffing:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Crumble cornbread with a fork and break apart the slices of wheat bread by hand into large rough chunks. Place in a LARGE mixing bowl and set aside.
- Melt the stick of butter in a saute pan and add the chopped onion and celery. Add salt and pepper. Saute until translucent.
- Add onion and celery mixture to cornbread mixture and combine by hand.
- Add the chicken stock one cup at a time and combine by hand until moist.
- Add salt, pepper and ground sage to taste.
- Beat 2 eggs with reserved chicken stock and incorporate egg mixture into cornbread mixture by hand.
- Place enough mix into a 13 x 9 pan lined with Reynolds® Parchment Paper and well greased and bake covered for 1 hour.
- Uncover and bake another 30 minutes.
- Eat and Enjoy!!
- (If you are doing this early, stop after the baking covered for one hour, then the day you plan to serve it warm it up uncovered until hot to avoid over drying)
NotesI developed this recipe and served it at Thanksgiving this year. It was a huge hit! Lining your pan with Reynolds® Parchment Paper with allow for easy release of this yummy side dish!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Curried Eggplant with Coconut Milk
Cube Steaks Paprika
Crockpot Rice Pork ChopsSee More