- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThe sour cream in this batter creates a really moist muffin. Delish! I also love the whole kernels of corn. Mmmmm....
- butter, room temperature, for pan
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (spoon and leveled)
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 Tbs. sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn kernels, thawed and patted dry
- 1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees, with rack in upper third. Butter a 12 cup muffin pan and set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
- 2. Make a well in the center of flour mixture. In well, whisk together egg, sour cream, and corn. Mix with flour mixture just until incorporated (don't overmix).
- 3. Dividing evenly, and spoon batter into prepared muffin tin. Bake until tops have browned and a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, 15-20 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes in pan; turn out onto a cooling rack. Serve, or cool completely and store at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
- **If using mini-muffin cups, bake for 10-15 minutes.
- recipe from Everyday Food Magazine