- butter, room temperature, for pan
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (spoon and leveled)
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 Tbs. sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn kernels, thawed and patted dry
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees, with rack in upper third. Butter a 12 cup muffin pan and set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
2. Make a well in the center of flour mixture. In well, whisk together egg, sour cream, and corn. Mix with flour mixture just until incorporated (don't overmix).
3. Dividing evenly, and spoon batter into prepared muffin tin. Bake until tops have browned and a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, 15-20 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes in pan; turn out onto a cooling rack. Serve, or cool completely and store at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
**If using mini-muffin cups, bake for 10-15 minutes.
recipe from Everyday Food Magazine