- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time:
- 1 12-ounce package corn bread mix
- 1 pound hot sausage
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 jalapeno, seeded & finely chooped
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp sage
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 13 x 9 inch baking dish; set aside. Prepare & bake cornbread according to the box instructions; leave uncovered and allow to cool completely.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, crumble and cook sausage until done. Remove sausage from pan; set aside. Add onion and celery to pan; cook and stir until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in jalapeno and remove from heat; allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine crumbled cornbread, sausage, and onion mixture. Add thyme, sage, garlic powder, and pepper. Mix well. Add broth to stuffing mixture; toss gently until evenly moist. Bake until heated through, about 30 minutes. Makes 24 1/2-cup servings.
- You must SAVE this recipe
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Cooking with SabraSee More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More