- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time:
- 1 12-ounce package corn bread mix
- 1 pound hot sausage
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 jalapeno, seeded & finely chooped
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp sage
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 13 x 9 inch baking dish; set aside. Prepare & bake cornbread according to the box instructions; leave uncovered and allow to cool completely.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, crumble and cook sausage until done. Remove sausage from pan; set aside. Add onion and celery to pan; cook and stir until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in jalapeno and remove from heat; allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine crumbled cornbread, sausage, and onion mixture. Add thyme, sage, garlic powder, and pepper. Mix well. Add broth to stuffing mixture; toss gently until evenly moist. Bake until heated through, about 30 minutes. Makes 24 1/2-cup servings.
- You must SAVE this recipe
Life on a Beach Easy Seafood Cooking at Home
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
MidLife Road Trip'sSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More