- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time:
- 1 12-ounce package corn bread mix
- 1 pound hot sausage
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 jalapeno, seeded & finely chooped
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp sage
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 13 x 9 inch baking dish; set aside. Prepare & bake cornbread according to the box instructions; leave uncovered and allow to cool completely.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, crumble and cook sausage until done. Remove sausage from pan; set aside. Add onion and celery to pan; cook and stir until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in jalapeno and remove from heat; allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine crumbled cornbread, sausage, and onion mixture. Add thyme, sage, garlic powder, and pepper. Mix well. Add broth to stuffing mixture; toss gently until evenly moist. Bake until heated through, about 30 minutes. Makes 24 1/2-cup servings.
- You must SAVE this recipe
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' RecipesSee More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More