- Cooking Time: 30 min.
- Servings: 8-10
- Preparation Time: 10 min.
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/4 c. stone ground cornmeal
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (about 2 ears of corn)
- 3/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup nonfat buttermilk
- 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 large Chile de arbol (any hot pepper will do!) diced
- 1 1/2 Tbls. honey
- 1 1/2 Tbls. butter, melted and cooled
- 1 Tbls vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a 9 inch cast iron skillet with cooking spray and place in the center of the oven to heat.
- Whisk cornmeal, corn, hot peppers, salt, and baking soda in a large bowl, making a well in the center.
- Combine buttermilk, cheese, butter, honey, oil, and eggs in a small bowl.
- Pour into the cornmeal mixture and fold to combine.
- Pour into preheated pan and bake for 25-20 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.
- Cool for 5-10 minutes before slicing into wedges.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Watt's Cooking in PA?
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More