- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 3/4 cups (7 1/2 ounces) King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup (5 1/2 ounces) cornmeal
- 1/4 cup (1 3/4 ounces) sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups (10 ounces) milk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 large egg
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly grease a 9-inch square or round pan (a cast iron skillet will work fine, too), shallow 1 1/2 quart casserole dish, or 12 muffin cups.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flours, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir in any desired herbs, cheese, corn kernels, or other flavorings.
- In another bowl or large measuring cup, whisk together the milk, melted butter, and egg.
- Pour the liquid all at once into the flour mixture, stirring quickly and gently until just combined.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan, or scoop into the muffin tin.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the edges just begin to pull away from the pan and a cake tester or paring knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and cool on a rack for 5 minutes before cutting; serve warm.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Cherry Chip Cheesecake BarsSee More