- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 cups water
- 1 large bay leaf
- 3 1/2 lb. corned beef brisket and seasoning packet
- 6 large potatoes, cut in half
- 6 large carrots, cut in half
- 2 1/2 lb. head of cabbage (1 small)
- Pour water into pressure cooker, add bay leaf, brisket and any seasoning that came in the pkg., add potatoes.
- Place lid on pressure cooker and bring to pressure over high heat. Lower head, keeping it at steady pressure, and start timing for 60 minutes.
- Remove cooker from heat and allow pressure to come down naturally.
- Remove lid and potatoes from pot. Add the carrots and cabbage wedges and close lid. Bring back up to pressure over high heat. Lower heat, maintaining pressure, and time for 3 minutes.
- Release pressure using the quick-release method. Remove lid. Remove meat and slice across the grain.
- Arrange vegetables and meat on a platter and serve with a mustard or horseradish sauce of your choice.
NotesCorned Beef and Cabbage is the fare for St. Patrick's Day, but is a hearty meal at any time. To get you out of the kitchen fast, the pressure cooker is the ideal tool. It's not only fast and convenient, but it helps impart wonderful flavor and texture to your meat. Today's pressure cookers are extremely safe and worth the investment.
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie TreatsSee More
CAPT'N CRUNCH Chili Chicken
Salted, Spiced Caramel SauceSee More