CORNED BEEF AND CABBAGE
- 5 pounds corned beef brisket
- 1 package spice season from beef
- 4 each bay leaves
- 6 medium potatoes -- peeled and quartered
- 6 medium carrots -- quartered
- 1 large onion -- cut in wedges
- 1 head cabbage -- cut in wedges
- 1 head Cauliflower flowerets
- 1 bottle dark beer
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns -- whole
- 4 cloves garlic -- whole
Cook the corned beef, fat side down, on the Big Green Egg smoker at 250 degrees for 3 hours.
Do not rinse meat prior to cooking and do not turn over during cooking process.
When the smoking process is finished, put the brisket In a large Dutch oven and add enough water to cover meat.
Add salt and spice package from corned beef package, beer, black pepper, peppercorns, salt, and bay leaves.
Bring to boil and add potatoes, carrots, and onion.
Cover and reduce heat to a simmer for about 2 hours.
Remove meat from pot and wrap with aluminum foil.
Add cabbage and cauliflower to vegetables and bring heat up to a boil.
Cook for 30 minutes or until cabbage is tender.
Slice meat against the grain, and serve with brown mustard.
I make a vinegar hot pepper sauce to serve with the vegetables. (See my recipe)