- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryOkay, I didn't know what to make for Sunday dinner the other day. At the last minute I thought of corned beef while I was at the market. I bought a 2 pound corned beef and improvised with this recipe, cooking on high for about 4 hours. It turned out to be a perfect meal. I cooked the cabbage separately using the stock from the Crock-Pot at the end, in a skillet, covered for 20 to 30 minutes. I wish I had a photo to post, I must remember to keep the camera handy in the kitchen when I cook!
- 3 carrots, cut in 3-inch pieces
- 3 to 4 pound corned beef
- 2 to 3 medium onions, quartered
- 3/4 to 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/2 small head cabbage, cut in wedges
- Put all ingredients except cabage wedges in Crock-Pot in order listed.
- Cover and cook on Low 8 to 10 hours. High; 5 to 6 hours.
- Add cabbage wedges to liquid, pushing down to moisten, turn to High and cook an additional 2 to 3 hours,
- Note: Vegetables may be varied, or omitted for plain corned beef.