- Cooking Time: 2hrs
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 5min
- 2.5-3.5lb Beef Brisket
- Salt & Pepper
- 2c Beef stock
- 1 can Beer- I had some Natty Ice in the fridge last night, but I'm thinking something BETTER next time
- 1 onion, quartered and chunked
- 4-5 cloves Garlic, rough chopped
- Corned Beef spice- I put in cheesecloth or teabag like Bouquet Garni, rather than leaving loose- that way you're not picking mustard seeds out of your teeth
- 1 sm or 1/2 lg head Green Cabbage, quartered and chunked
- 3-5 Red Potatoes, quartered
- 2 carrots, chunked
- Salt & pepper brisket and add to cooker.
- Add stock, beer, corning spice packet, onions and garlic; seal cooker and set to cook on a MEAT setting if you have one, for 1 1/2-1 3/4hrs. MY cooker will only set for 1 hr, so I then reset for another 40min. Close vent and allow cooker to do its thing.
- When meat cycle finished, open vent to allow steam to escape before opening lid- THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!!! You don't want to be scraping dinner off your ceiling. Add remaining veggies; set to cook on a VEG setting if you have one, for 10-15min.
- Again, vent to allow steam to escape before opening, then SERVE!
- Now that was EASY, huh?
NotesI have a new toy!!!! Yes- it's a very expensive Wolfgang Puck pressure cooker and it's AWESOME. I did NOT pay for it- so don't hate. It was a gift. Anyway- what's awesome about it, you may ask? Well, for starters it takes like a quarter of the time to cook stuff as normal methods. It's my new favorite way to make Corned Beef, which is my next future ex-hubby's favorite supper! Enjoy!!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Growers' Giveback Potluck
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Austin Personal Training RecipesSee More
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More