- Cooking Time: 225
- Servings: 18
- Preparation Time: 45
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb bulk Italian sausages
- 1 cup onions, thinly sliced
- 6 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/2 cup American cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 lbs frozen bread dough, thawed and let rise for one hour (I use Bridgeford brand, 3 loaves)
- Brown the ground beef, bulk sausage and onion in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Drain the fat, then add the cabbage, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Saute until the cabbage is tender (about 5 to 8 minutes).
- Add the cheeses and caraway seeds and stir over the heat until the cheese is melted (taste-test for seasoning).
- Divide the bread dough into eighteen (18) equal pieces.
- Flatten each piece of dough into a round disk.
- Pile about 1/4 cup (maximum) of filling onto the center of each dough disk and then pinch edges together to form a stuffed round bun.
- Lay them, pinched-side down, on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Let dough rise for one (1) hour.
- Brush them with a little milk or melted butter and sprinkle with some kosher salt and caraway seeds.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Sauerkraut can be used in place of the cabbage.
- These can easily be individually frozen and reheated in the microwave oven or conventional oven.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Corn Fritters ( Sorullitos)
Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Red Lentil And Vegetable SoupSee More