- Cooking Time: 1 hour 25 min.
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 10 min.
- * 1-1/3 cups chicken broth
- * 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- * 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- * 1/4 cup chopped celery
- * 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- * 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram, divided
- * 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- * 2 Cornish hens (1 to 1-1/2 pounds each)
- * 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- * Pepper to taste
- In an ungreased 9-in. square baking dish, combine broth, rice, mushrooms, celery, onion, 1/4 teaspoon marjoram and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Place hens on rice mixture and brush with oil. Sprinkle with pepper and remaining marjoram and salt. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Uncover and bake 25-35 minutes longer or until juices run clear. Yield: 2 servings.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
Home cookingSee More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More