- Cooking Time: 1 hour 25 min.
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 10 min.
- * 1-1/3 cups chicken broth
- * 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- * 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- * 1/4 cup chopped celery
- * 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- * 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram, divided
- * 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- * 2 Cornish hens (1 to 1-1/2 pounds each)
- * 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- * Pepper to taste
- In an ungreased 9-in. square baking dish, combine broth, rice, mushrooms, celery, onion, 1/4 teaspoon marjoram and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Place hens on rice mixture and brush with oil. Sprinkle with pepper and remaining marjoram and salt. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Uncover and bake 25-35 minutes longer or until juices run clear. Yield: 2 servings.