- Cooking Time: 1 hour 25 min.
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 10 min.
- * 1-1/3 cups chicken broth
- * 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- * 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- * 1/4 cup chopped celery
- * 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- * 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram, divided
- * 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- * 2 Cornish hens (1 to 1-1/2 pounds each)
- * 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- * Pepper to taste
- In an ungreased 9-in. square baking dish, combine broth, rice, mushrooms, celery, onion, 1/4 teaspoon marjoram and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Place hens on rice mixture and brush with oil. Sprinkle with pepper and remaining marjoram and salt. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Uncover and bake 25-35 minutes longer or until juices run clear. Yield: 2 servings.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
Food Travels Through Italy
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"See More
Sweet Potato Pizza Dough
Grilled Summer Veggie Pizza
Zesty Italian ChickenSee More