- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 1/8 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter, diced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/4 pounds rump roast, cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 small carrots
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons milk
- In a small saucepan, cover carrots with water. Bring water to a boil and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Let cool and slice. Sift flour, salt, and baking powder together in a bowl. Add butter, and rub to the consistency of coarse crumbs. Mix in water. If dough is sticky, add more flour.
- Roll dough out until about 1/4 inch thick. Cut out six circles, each about 5 inches round. Do not stretch the dough.
- Mix meat and vegetables together, and salt and pepper to taste. Cover half of each pasty base with the filling. Moisten pastry edges, fold pastry over the filling. Press edges together with a fork. Transfer raw pasties to a baking sheet, brush tops with milk, and make a small slit in each top to allow steam out.
- Bake at 450 degrees F ( 230 degrees C) for 10 minutes. Turn oven down to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), and bake for 35 minutes.
- Nutritional Information
- Amount Per Serving Calories: 558 | Total Fat: 27.3g | Cholesterol: 101mg
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Watt's Cooking in PA?
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!See More
Baked Avocado Brunch
Japanese Carrot Ginger Dressing
Beef , Tomatoe And Cabbage CasseroleSee More