- Cooking Time: 15 to 20
- Preparation Time:
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 whole egg
- 1 ½ cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- ½ cup coarse-grind cornmeal
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in vanilla and egg and combine thoroughly.
- Stir in flour, cornmeal, salt and baking powder.
- Mix with paddle attachment on low speed until dough becomes one cohesive lump.
- Stir in cranberries until evenly distributed.
- Divide dough in half and form two logs, about an inch in diameter.
- Wrap logs in plastic and freeze or refrigerate.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- When dough is cool enough that it’s no longer sticky, slice about ¼” thick.
- Lay slices out on a cookie sheet lined with parchment or silpat.
- You may place them fairly close together, as these cookies do not expand very much.
- Bake until edges are just beginning to brown, rotating once, fifteen to twenty minutes.
- Transfer to wire rack immediately.
NotesDownload the .pdf.
See recipes, stories, reviews and more at food. according to me