- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1 T honey(and extra for when you are eating the biscuits!)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 T baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 12 T (3/4 cup) butter, chilled and cut into 1/2in pieces
- Preheat oven to 450degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk cornmeal, buttermilk, and honey in a large bowl; let sit 10 minutes.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt. Mix in butter until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Mix in cornmeal mixture. Stir until a dough forms.
- Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface and kead until smooth, 8 to 10 times.(Add a little extra flour if necessary) Pat dough into 9in circle about 3/4in thick.Using a 2in biscuit cutter( or use the edge of a round glass) dipped in flour, cut out rounds and transfer to prepared baking sheet. Gather remaining dough pat into 3.4 inch thick circle. Cut rounds from dough and transfer to baking sheet.
- 5. Bake until biscuits begin to rise, about 5 minutes, and then REDUCE the oven temperature to 400 degrees and bake until golden brown, 8-12 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes on the sheet then transfer to wire rack. Serve warm or let cool to room temperature.
Short & Sweet
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory LifeSee More
Mama Mia ... Lentils Italian Style
Gabriola Clam Chowder
Gen's Vegetable Love PizzaSee More