- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 pounds onions
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Cut onions into 1/2-in. slices; separate into rings.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk egg and buttermilk until blended.
- In another shallow bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, pecans, salt and pepper.
- Dip onion rings in egg mixture, then coat with flour mixture.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer heat 1 in. of oil to 375°.
- Fry onion rings, a few at a time, for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1See More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More