- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 pounds onions
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Cut onions into 1/2-in. slices; separate into rings.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk egg and buttermilk until blended.
- In another shallow bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, pecans, salt and pepper.
- Dip onion rings in egg mixture, then coat with flour mixture.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer heat 1 in. of oil to 375°.
- Fry onion rings, a few at a time, for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Fun appetizers and snacksSee More
Corn Pocket Rolls
Krrispy's Beer Bacon BreadSee More