- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - boiled and shredded
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (7 ounce) can chopped green chile peppers
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 12 (6 inch) corn tortillas (I used flour)
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) can red enchilada sauce
- To Make Meat Mixture:
- Heat oil in medium skillet over medium high heat.
- Add chicken, onion and green chile peppers and saute until browned, then add taco seasoning and prepare meat mixture according to package directions.
- To Make Cheese Mixture:
- In a medium bowl mix sour cream with cottage cheese and season with salt and pepper; stir until well blended.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- To Assemble Enchiladas:
- Heat tortillas until soft.
- In each tortilla place a spoonful of meat mixture, a spoonful of cheese mixture and a bit of shredded cheese.
- Roll tortillas and place in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Top with any remaining meat and cheese mixture, enchilada sauce and remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted & bubbly.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School CookbookSee More
Delicious Fudgy Black Bean Brownies
Steamed vegetables saladSee More