- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - boiled and shredded
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (7 ounce) can chopped green chile peppers
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 12 (6 inch) corn tortillas (I used flour)
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) can red enchilada sauce
- To Make Meat Mixture:
- Heat oil in medium skillet over medium high heat.
- Add chicken, onion and green chile peppers and saute until browned, then add taco seasoning and prepare meat mixture according to package directions.
- To Make Cheese Mixture:
- In a medium bowl mix sour cream with cottage cheese and season with salt and pepper; stir until well blended.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- To Assemble Enchiladas:
- Heat tortillas until soft.
- In each tortilla place a spoonful of meat mixture, a spoonful of cheese mixture and a bit of shredded cheese.
- Roll tortillas and place in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Top with any remaining meat and cheese mixture, enchilada sauce and remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted & bubbly.
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Amsterdam Friends CookbookSee More
Bacon Wrapped Mushrooms
Spicy Chicken Ranch Hot Dip
Big Matt's babyback ribsSee More