- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 20 to 30 cooky sticks
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryJean’s Note: Use nuts as a base to roll on, to avoid sticking.
See diagram for cutting and rolling.
- 1-1/2 C cream style cottage cheese
- 1 C butter or margarine
- 2-1/2 to 3 C flour
- 1/4 C melted butter
- 3/4 C finely chopped walnuts
- 3/4 C brown sugar
- Chopped walnuts for rolling
- Blend cottage cheese and 1 C butter.
- Sift flour, measure, and sift again into butter.
- Blend until dough holds together.
- On lightly floured board, roll 1/8” thick.
- Spread dough with melted butter.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar and nuts.
- Cut into triangles 2”-3” at base, and flatten slightly (see diagram).
- Beginning at base, roll dough into sticks.
- Place on a greased baking sheet, point side down.
- Bake in hot oven (350 degrees) until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- While still warm, roll them in powdered sugar or nuts.