- Cooking Time: 30
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups cream-style cottage cheese
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cream all ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Divide dough into 3 equal parts.
- Allow to sit at room temperature until easy to handle.
- Roll each into a 10 inch diameter circle.
- Cut each circle into pie-shaped pieces.
- Roll up each piece, starting with wide end.
- Place on lightly buttered baking sheets.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Serve plain or frost with glaze.
NotesExtremely simple recipe, I found it online when a friend gave me about a pound of extra cottage cheese she got as a gift and I had no clue what to do with it, I had to get creative! I tried a whole bunch of different recipes, and this one was definetly a keeper; if you like cheese danish, you will LOVE these.