- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 TB extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 TB unsalted butter
- 2 cups diced onion
- 2 cups sliced carrot
- 1 1/2 cup diced celery
- 10 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 TB kosher salt
- 2 tsp dried Oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp dried Savory
- 1 small can of tomato paste
- 1 1/2 lb Ground Beef
- 1/3 cup Beef or Veal Stock
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 - 5 cups left-over Mashed or Riced Potatoes
- 1/2 cup grated Parmagiano-Reggiano
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat the olive oil and 1 TB of the butter in a sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add the onion, carrots, celery, mushrooms, garlic, salt, oregano and savory.
- Cook until soft.
- Stir in the tomato paste and continue cooking until the mushrooms are soft.
- Stir in the ground beef and the stock along with the Worcestershire, and a few grinds of black pepper.
- Break the meat up into small bits, cook until no longer pink.
- Pour mixture into a 3-quart casserole.
- Spread the mashed potatoes over the top.
- Sprinkle with either Parmagiano-Reggiano.
- Dot with chunks of the remaining 2 TB of butter.
- Bake 40-50 minutes or until potatoes are golden brown.
NotesSo similar to Shepherd's pie, just with beef and this makes a larger amount than the shepherd's pie recipe does.
CustomFit Clean & Tasty
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Get Cookin'See More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More