- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 ounces cottage cheese
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream or creme fraiche
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, chilled and whipped until stiff
- Heavy cream, for garnish
- Red Berry Sauce (see recipe)
- Press the cottage cheese through a coarse sieve into a bowl.
- In a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment (or using a hand mixer), cream the cottage cheese until as smooth as possible (it will remain a bit grainy from the curds).
- Add the cream cheese and mix. Add the sour cream and sugar and mix well. Fold in the whipped cream.
- Lightly dampen a 12-inch square of cheesecloth.
- Use it to line a 3-cup heart-shaped mold with draining holes. (See note below for options)
- Spoon the cheese mixture into the mold, tapping the filled mold on the counter to pack down the cheese mixture.
- Place the mold on a plate (to catch any liquid) and refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Invert the mold on a serving plate. Lift the mold and peel off the cheesecloth. Pour Cherry Sauce over entire mold or on each plate individually.
- For the mold you could use a foil disposable heart-shaped pan and poke holes in the bottom from the INSIDE OUT. Support on cake rack to allow draining while in the fridge.
- If you do not have access to a mold of this kind, just put into regular heart shaped pan, cover tightly with cheesecloth, and invert on cake rack to drain.
- This can also be made in individual heart molds.
NotesI put Red Berry Sauce in the recipe title b/c you can make any kind of sauce with red berries, such as strawberries, cranberries, cherries, etc.. I've include my red berry sauce below.
Couer a la Creme recipe courtesy Gale Gand, on the Food Network.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
MidLife Road Trip'sSee More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More