- Cooking Time: 8-10 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 40 minutes
- 4 pork cubed steaks or large pork chops
- 1 quart buttermilk
- 1/2 cup bacon grease or enough vegetable oil to cover bottom of skillet
- Enough flour to dredge steaks in and for gravy (3-4 Tbls. for gravy)
- salt & pepper to your taste
- 1/2 cup milk for gravy (or more depending how you like your gravy)
- For steaks:
- Soak steaks in buttermilk for 30 minutes.
- Heat grease in skillet until medium hot.
- Dredge steaks in flour and salt and pepper on both sides. Fry on each side 8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels when done.
- For gravy:
- Leave 4-5 Tbls. of grease in skillet. Add flour and stir until mixed well into the grease. Add milk and keep stirring until gravy is to your desired thickness or thiness. Salt and pepper to taste.
NotesComfort food at it's finest! So creamy and delicious! I usually make this with pork cubed steaks but I have made it with large pork chops as well and both ways are delicious!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"See More
Honey and Walnut Wholemeal Bread
Zucchini Bread 2
The Best Potato Salad Ever!See More