- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 20
BackstoryThis winning coffee cake has the classic apple and cinnamon flavors everyone loves!
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups chopped peeled apples
- 1 (12 ounce) can Pillsbury(r) Golden Layers(r) Refrigerated Biscuits
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons whiskey (optional)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup pecan halves or pieces
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon milk, or as needed
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Using 1 tablespoon of the margarine, generously grease 9-inch round cake pan or 8-inch square pan. Spread 1 cup of the apples in greased pan.
- Separate dough into 10 biscuits. Cut each into quarters. Arrange biscuit pieces, points up, over apples. Top with remaining 1/2 cup apples.
- In small bowl, combine remaining 1 tablespoon margarine, brown sugar, cinnamon, corn syrup, whiskey and egg; beat 2 to 3 minutes or until sugar is partially dissolved. Stir in pecans. Spoon over biscuit pieces and apples.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 to 45 minutes or until deep golden brown. Cool 5 minutes. If desired, remove from pan.
- In small bowl, blend all glaze ingredients, adding enough milk for desired drizzling consistency. Drizzle over warm cake. Serve warm or cool. Store in refrigerator