- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 20
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups chopped peeled apples
- 1 (12 ounce) can Pillsbury(r) Golden Layers(r) Refrigerated Biscuits
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons whiskey (optional)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup pecan halves or pieces
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon milk, or as needed
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Using 1 tablespoon of the margarine, generously grease 9-inch round cake pan or 8-inch square pan. Spread 1 cup of the apples in greased pan.
- Separate dough into 10 biscuits. Cut each into quarters. Arrange biscuit pieces, points up, over apples. Top with remaining 1/2 cup apples.
- In small bowl, combine remaining 1 tablespoon margarine, brown sugar, cinnamon, corn syrup, whiskey and egg; beat 2 to 3 minutes or until sugar is partially dissolved. Stir in pecans. Spoon over biscuit pieces and apples.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 to 45 minutes or until deep golden brown. Cool 5 minutes. If desired, remove from pan.
- In small bowl, blend all glaze ingredients, adding enough milk for desired drizzling consistency. Drizzle over warm cake. Serve warm or cool. Store in refrigerator
NotesThis winning coffee cake has the classic apple and cinnamon flavors everyone loves!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1See More
STUFFAT TAL-QARNIT (Octopus Stew)
Frosted Apple Cinnamon Bars
BANANA WELLINGTONSSee More