COUNTRY BBQ RIBS
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Sauce Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 medium) chopped onion
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 (28-ounce) bottle ketchup
- 1 (6-ounce) jar prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Ribs Ingredients:
- 6 pounds country-style pork ribs
- 6 cups water
- Combine all sauce ingredients in 3-quart saucepan. Cover; cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until sauce comes to a full boil (10 to 15 minutes). Reduce heat to low. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until sauce is thickened and flavors are blended (1 to 1 1/2 hours). Strain sauce, if desired.
- Meanwhile, place ribs in 4-quart saucepan; add water. Cover; cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until water comes to a full boil (25 to 30 minutes). Reduce heat to low. Cook until ribs are fork tender (30 to 35 minutes). Drain; pat dry.
- Heat one side of gas grill on medium or charcoal grill until coals are ash white. Place coals to one side in charcoal grill. Make aluminum foil drip pan; place opposite coals.
- Place ribs on grill over drip pan. Grill, turning occasionally and brushing with sauce, until desired doneness (25 to 30 minutes). Serve with additional warm sauce.